What Are Glass Balustrades?
Glass balustrades are a type of safety railing that is commonly used on stairs, balconies, and decks. They are made from tempered glass panels that are mounted on a metal or wood frame. Glass balustrades provide an unobstructed view and can be used to create a modern look for any home or office space.
There are many benefits to using glass balustrades. They are durable and require little maintenance. Glass balustrades are also safe, as they will not shatter if they break.
Advantages of Having Glass Balustrades
Glass balustrades have many advantages that make them a popular choice for both home and office use. Here are some of the benefits of glass balustrades:
1. Glass balustrades provide an unobstructed view.
2. They can be used to create a modern look for any home or office space.
3. Glass balustrades are durable and require little maintenance.
4. Glass balustrades are safe, as they are made from A-Grade safety glass.
5. They can be easily cleaned and kept looking like new with minimal effort.
6. Glass balustrades are a great way to add value to your home or office.
Different Types of Glass Balustrades
There are many different types of glass balustrades that you can choose from. The type of glass balustrade that you select will depend on your specific needs and preferences. Here are some of the most popular types of glass balustrades:
1. Frameless Glass Balustrades: Frameless glass balustrades are a great option for those who want an unobstructed view. They are made with tempered glass panels that are mounted on a stainless steel spigot, side mount spigot or standoff, in-channel system.
2. Semi-Frameless Glass Balustrades: Semi-frameless glass balustrades are a good choice for those who want a more modern look. They consist of tempered glass panels that are mounted into 3 side of an aluminium frame.
3. Aluminium Tubular Balustrades: A great option for the budget conscious project. Light and strong in weight and still passing all the safety standard.
4. Breeze Wire Stainless Steel: Cable railings are a good choice for those who want a more contemporary look. They consist of cables that are strung between posts or other supports. Not suitable for all applications.
5. Slat Screening: Light weight aluminium slats come in a range of colours and wood grain look. A great option for privacy for you and your neighbour. Also no painting or staining every year.
6. Acid Etched Privacy Block Out Screens: With backyard privacy laws now enforced on all new builds, this is a great option for both you and your neighbour. No vision in or out but still allowing light into your balcony area.
If you are considering glass balustrades for your home or office, then be sure to contact Tassie Glass Solutions. We are the leading provider of glass balustrades in Tasmania and can provide you with a free quote. Contact us today to find out more about our services.